Saturday 5 December 2009

First ever blog entry! SAVE THE DATE MAGNETS



Well I thought I would start my first blog with the first thing I did with my wedding plans. Save the dates!! I assumed everybody did these but it seems they are more an American thang!? Anyway I saw this idea....somewhere in my cyber space travels....to do a photo booth style strip with us holding cards with what we needed to say turned into into a fridge magnet so all our family & friends would have our wedding date to hand, genius! . I originally set out to order these online but found no UK companies did them, I tried the likes of Kodak, Photobox, Trufilm etc with no luck. I found a very good American company www.magnetstreet.com who did exactly what we wanted but shipping costs made the order a little out of our price range. I then decided to make use of the Photoshop software I use for my work and make them myself!













Quite a few out takes and arguments later we managed to take the four photos we needed.....this wasn't as easy as you would think! I then used Photoshop to crop them, adjust the contrast to try and make them like a photo booth type photo and created a logo to add at the bottom. Then a trip to Hobbycraft the following day to purchase spray glue, knife, magnetic A4 sheets and I was away......production line type working commenced. I also made an envelope sized backing which I attached the magnets to and then into envelopes. I made the 70 I needed in one day.

Photos of finished product to be added soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment